Monday, February 05, 2007

Prince @ Halftime

Prince was great- definitely a showman... and wow... he is talented... whether you like his music or not... there is no denying that...

He was a heck of a lot better than the Rolling Stones Halftime performance last year... I think there comes a time when all old hippies should put down their electric guitars and call it a day.... The Stones really ought to retire or possibly consider making an album of Rat Pack songs... you know... a playlist that won't require a lot of modulating back and forth on stage. They can do what The Eagles do on all their Farewell Tours... Line up a bunch of stools and sing and put the audience to sleep... very nice...

Back to Prince...
Prince can still rock even after hip replacement surgery... I hope he will know when to stop performing live.... and that was live... He improvised and everything... no lip syncing for this guy! He was playing his guitars.... all 75 of them.... WHAT A MUSICIAN... WHAT A TALENT. Very very nice. WTG Prince and thanks for not having a wardrobe malfunction, although your head scarf seemed to be more of a nuisance to you than a fashion statement. Glad you took it off.


What was your favorite commercial? Mine has to be the Sierra Mist beard comb over....

4 comments:

J.M. Rob said...

I agree. Prince put on a great show. . and in the POURING RAIN! I'm sure it's difficult for the NFL to find performers who can entertain a multi-generational audience and Prince pulled it off. The best halftime show that I can remember.

DAKOTARANGER said...

I'm not a beer guy but I liked bud lights rock paper scissors commercial

J.M. Rob said...

On second thought, U2's post 9/11 halftime show. THAT was the best! Prince's performance last night comes in 2nd place.

Cathy said...

Rob - I agree, U2 always puts on a great show.

DR - Now see, that tells you how much I don't know... I would have pegged you as a beer guy... what--- Scotch? Yes? or wait... non-drinker?