Thursday, May 18, 2006

Nickie Remembered

I just found out that one of my favorite bloggers passed away- Nickie Goomba.

I would visit his blog every day... sometimes I would leave a comment, most of the time I would just laugh... He was so funny!! If I left a comment, he was always polite and responded with a little note for me... a wink and a nod-- but of course he did that consistently for anyone that visited his blog... He always responded to email and even helped me once with a technical issue I was having with my blog...

Because of Nickie, I was fortunate enough to become friends with some wonderful Italian bloggers--my eyes were opened to a world view of America. Once, he helped me translate an email from an Italian blogger.... My new found appreciation for Italy and all things Italian goes to Mr. Goomba.

Nickie was one of the good guys....

I will miss him.

Tonight Michael and I will raise a glass and toast Nickie's name and remember our friend.

Go visit DC. The friendship Daisy Cutter and Nickie had was so apparent to anyone that read either blog .... DC's tribute to his friend confirms that.

Arrivederci Caro Mio!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad. Nikie was a good friend.

Cathy said...

I'm sad too, Carlo.

Anonymous said...

Another sad post Cathy. Keep them coming as if ......I dunno. you must.

Is this a vehicle for perpetual sorrow? God knows we might need it. But... hopefully we wake each day with a sincere recognition of what's going on.