Sunday, July 29, 2007

Just Too Much...

Sunny - Hi 119 Lo 93 for Baghdad, Iraq
Sunny - Hi 106 Lo 77 for Qandahar, Afghanistan
Partly Cloudy - Hi 87 Lo 68 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: Too Much Information, The Police

The Police only recorded 5 albums. I have them all... on LP, on cassette, on CD, and now on my iPod... The recordings after Synchronicity were to just rehash what had already been done. I actually saw them in a little venue called Bogart's in Cincinnati before they made it "big" in the states. I saw them after Regatta de Blanc but before Zenyatta Mondatta. I instantly fell in love with the pissed off drummer. I was 16 years old and snuck down to Clifton (University of Cincinnati) with friends to see them. We had a blast!!

When I saw that they were going to have a reunion tour, I was ecstatic.... until I saw ticket prices... I love this threesome and they will always have a special place in my heart. Many a night were spent down in Monkey Man's basement listening to Ghost In the Machine and watching Gary imitate Andy Summers while Jimi sang. It was great... great memories... but there is no way in hell I am paying that kind of money....

Also, don't you agree with me that these three have gotten better looking with age? Yah... and most definitely they've all had nose jobs...

Ramble:

Adriaan update: Michael flew out to Denver Saturday morning to be with his mother and Adriaan. Unfortunately, Adriaan has had a bit of a setback. His blood pressure dropped considerably on Saturday. He isn't able to swallow, so a feeding tube has been inserted and because he can't swallow, there seems to be some fluid developing in his lungs- pretty sure it's pneumonia. They have put him on antibiotics and if his breathing does not improve they will have to put him back on a ventilator. I'm not going to speculate, but this is going to be a long road for Adriaan. Any other person his age would not have survived past the surgery. He is a miracle. Please, please keep him in your prayers as well as my mother in law. Having this happen to your husband is unthinkable... having this happen so far away makes it feel impossible.

Thank you to those who have been checking in and dropping me notes and comments. Your prayers are appreciated more than I can express.

My grandparent's home sold this past week. That was pretty emotional. My grandfather built that house with his own two hands back during WWII. He has told me many times over the years that he planned on dying there.................. I love that place. I'll miss it too. Unfortunately, they just couldn't "keep up with keeping it up". So, for the past 2 years they have lived close to me in an independent living community for seniors and I am relieved.

I've said it here before... it sucks getting old, especially when your mind is still sharp as a tack. Their bodies are not cooperating and it is simply frustrating for them. Days dealing with depression and medications out the wazoo...

I'm pissed off about a lot of things in the news right now... there is just so much.

Project 2996 has kicked off. I'll get a separate post up at some point for that too. I just don't have it in me to even add links to this post. Pathetic.

Lastly, I have not been visiting my favorite blogs on a regular basis for the past couple few weeks. This is just a funk and quite simply life keeps getting in the way. Things will be getting back to normal soon... Good Gawd... it must.... In the meantime, I'm sorry I haven't been by your place on the internet.

Thanks for coming by and I'll be around shortly.... give me some time.

Housekeeping:

I need to do something mindless, so I'll be doing a round up of my sidebar (but then again, maybe not) and removing inactive links. I'll be adding to the MySpace stuff... found some more music.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds like it's been a very challenging week for you.

My grandfather did get to die in the house he built just after WWII...my grandmother died three months later and it was *so* hard to have that house "taken apart" and sold. Life sure has its share of hard moments along with the great stuff, huh?

You'll continue in my prayers along with Adriaan and the rest of the family. Hang in there.

Best wishes,
Laura