Sunday, October 21, 2007

It's Rabbit Season... It's err a ...

Sunny - Hi 91 Lo 69 for Baghdad, Iraq
Sunny - Hi 82 Lo 49 for Qandahar, Afghanistan
Sunny - Hi 81 Lo 56 for Northern KY, USA (Unreal!! We still have crickets!)

Song of the week: Sympathy for the Devil, The Rolling Stones

Halloween is just a couple of weeks away... so, I've been listening to stuff like this on my iPod. I was sent one of those chain emails by my niece... one of the questions was... Beatles or Stones? My short answer was *yes*. Of course, it depends on my mood... Even when John Paul George and Ringo were into all the hippy stuff and mysticism... they still came off as the good boys... The Rolling Stones were always the bad boys and the music was always dark... always...

Ramble:

Herk commented last week that he wanted to see some of my photos... Well, I took some a couple of weekends ago when we were visiting Rob and Jo... They live year round at a resort... It's beautiful... Michael and I invite ourselves out there as much as possible.

Anyway, it's not wabbit season... but ummmm... it is deer season... err...uhh... everywhere but where they live... the deer that share this resort with Rob and Jo and their neighbors are off limits to hunters... cameras are okay.

The one thing you quickly realize is that these creatures have personality... lots of personality...

For a better more detailed view, please click on each photo. I have not modified any of these photos... these were downloaded from my camera to my computer... One slight modification is mentioned below.

We were tossing apples at the deer.

Pretty girl.

This is one of two favorite shots from that evening.

We were all amused because the deer were all congregating at this house.... we were surmising they heard there was a party...

This girl seemed to have no fear... was very curious and wanted some more apple.



Look at those long eyelashes!

This guy was huge!

I used a flash and had to doctor this photo to minimize the red eye.

My most favorite...

Before playing the cartoon--- please stop the Sunday song.





Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

That 1 Guy said...

Heheheh... that's one of my all time favorite Bugs Bunny toons.

And I've got to say, that big buck is an awesome animal. Um... and the first thing I looked at after his rack was the shooting angle.

:)

J.M. Rob said...

Cathy -

Thanks for coming by. The door is always open.