Wednesday, June 28, 2006

2996

One Victim One Blogger...
2996 Victims 2996 Bloggers... Remembering the lives of those lost on 9/11.

"I hate that the limited resources of my brain are clogged with names like Bundy, Manson, Columbine and Al-Qaeda, but I almost never hear the names of their victims.

I hope that by having 2,996 of us write a tribute to these people that we will each learn about our victims. We will burn into our own brains the details of their lives and come to know more about them than we do about the monsters who took their lives. I can say that after doing my own research I will never forget the name of my victim.

I think of this a little bit like a giant wake, where we celebrate their lives and not the circumstances of their unfortunate deaths.

By taking the time and energy to remember them we can keep them alive in our own memories. We can keep them alive for as long as we refuse to forget them."



Sign up to help with this wonderful effort...whether it is to put up a graphic on your blog to spread the word or to write a tribute on 9/11 for one of the victims of that dreadful day...

Go... now...

Update: I have recieved an email and I have been asked to write about Marion Britton, passenger on Flight 93.

Update 6/27: D. Challener Roe now has 630 bloggers writing 630 memorials. 2366 to go.......