Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Girl Singer

I was visiting Laura and she mentioned that Holiday Inn was being released as a Special Edition. WAHOO!! I love that movie-- Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire!! Holiday Inn is a wonderful wonderful movie and if you have never seen it... you really should...Holiday Inn also introduced the world to Irving Berlin's song, White Christmas... which is one of my favorite Christmas songs... Most folks associate the song White Christmas with the movie... White Christmas -starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Vera Ellen and
The Girl Singer--- Rosemary Clooney.

So full circle, Laura's post reminded me I promised her a while ago I would put up some photos from Rosemary Clooney's home in Augusta, KY. So, finally... here they are.

click on image for larger view

Rosemary's home in Augusta, KY

The dress from White Christmas

Another dress from White Christmas

The Girl Singer and Vera Ellen rehearsing "Sisters"

This is the worn faded fan today...


Rosemary Clooney House

2 comments:

Laura said...

These photos are terrific! Thank you *so* much for posting them. Hope I can visit the home one day.

Laura :)

Sean Carter said...

It's a terrific movie... Everyone must watch it atleast once... N cool pics posted... Peep into this amazing Christmas Blog to check out some really cool stuffs and unique ideas