Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Song, Higher Ground

Sunny - Hi 112 Lo 89 for Baghdad, Iraq
Scattered Thunderstorms - Hi 105 Lo 76 for Qandahar, Afghanistan
Scattered Thunderstorms - Hi 79 Lo 59 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: Higher Ground, Stevie Wonder or remake by Red Hot Chili Peppers

I love this song... the music... I am a purist when it comes to music... I prefer the original version but in this case I like RHCP version just as much... Flea's bass gets in your bloodstream and just pumps through your veins. Now... the lyrics are about reincarnation and it would be really nice if my faith allowed for do-overs... and trust me... I could use them... I've done some things in my life that I wish I could change or even tweak... but my Christian faith does not allow me to dip into other religions and certainly doesn't give me the luxury of a Groundhog Day... so, I've got one shot while I'm here.







Happy Independence Day... Do we have as much freedom as we did last year? as 5 years ago? 10? 20? 50? 100? Are our liberties still intact or have we allowed them to be taken 1 little liberty at a time? Hardly noticeable, but step back and take a look from 28,000 ft... What have we allowed our government to do? This past week has convinced me that I have no choice but to vote for John McCain...

Supreme Court Slip Opinions

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: