Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Last Conversation I Had with a Crusty ol' Marine

"Cath, I drank too much and I smoked too much and I did a lot of other things that you don't need to know about... And if I had it to do all over again. I would do nothing and I mean nothing differently."

My Great Uncle Charlie passed away Tuesday after a long illness. When I was a little girl he was bigger than life- loud, opinionated, foul mouthed--- your standard issue Marine. I loved him, every bit of him. He served nearly 30 years in his beloved Marine Corp and he was a patriot his entire life. He loved this country with all his heart.

Semper Gratus Uncle Charlie and God Speed.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world is a little less safe. My condolences to your family

Anonymous said...

God Bless EVERY Marine... an every other serviceman and woman fighting for our Freedom!

J.M. Rob said...

I'm so sorry Cathy. It's men like your Uncle Charlie who I am thankful for today. Men I've never met who have made my life possible. I'll say a prayer and think of him today.. and you. I love you, my sister.

Anonymous said...

Cathy,

I'm so sorry for your loss. God truly must have needed another angel in Heaven!

Thanks for stopping by this morning. I need to get over here more...I've been so neglectful of my blogroll!

Take care and God Bless!

Bisquì said...

I'm sorry for the lost of your uncle.

RennyBA said...

Sorry for the loss of your uncle - seams like you have some good memories though. My condolences to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and your family from us in Florida.

Anonymous said...

The world is a worse place without him-Semper Fi warrior! Maj Pain