Sunday, December 24, 2006

God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen

Sunday - Hi 59 Lo 39 for Baghdad, Iraq
Mostly Cloudy - Hi 49 Lo 38 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen,
Norman and Nancy Blake

Ramble:

First of all... A Christmas Meme:

I was tagged by the lovely Jane of SeeJaneMom (for those of you that have been around awhile, she can be compared to our much loved and missed Wonder Woman). However Jane is married to a Marine, so she goes to the front of the line not to mention she has a lot to say and does so with with and a sharp tongue and an original approach. If you've not been by her place yet... please go.

Oh... yeah now for the Meme... the rules:

The player must list 3 things that she/he would love to receive for Christmas. Then she/he must list 3 things that she/he definitely does not want to receive for Christmas. Then the tagee must tag 5 friends and list their names. The five I tag need to write on their blogs about their Christmas wishes then tag 5 more people. They must also clarify all the rules. When you tag someone you need to leave a comment that says “you’ve been Christmas tagged!” in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Those are the rules. However, since this is Christmas Eve... and this is my blog... my rules..... I won't be tagging, but I'll list who I would like to see participate... if not no biggy, we'll let the meme die here....

I would love to receive:

#1 My 70's Music Explosion. (It still has not arrived!!) What am I going to play on New Year's Eve?






#2 World Peace............................................................ no wait... that is my answer in the event I am ever in a beauty pageant.









#3 Michael and I enjoying the company of our friends on Christmas Eve eating chicken gumbo and drinking a little Christmas cheer.








#4 (because #2nd one doesn't count) A place to get video codes for someone my age... Sure... I have a wide eclectic range in musical taste, but Christina Aguilera singing The Christmas Song just isn't right.








#5 and because this is my blog and my rules, I want Bill Bennett and Glenn Beck back on Cincinnati radio!!!!


I do NOT want to receive:

A Chia pet....










The flu...











A Mariah Carey CD












...and just in case anyone has any bright ideas... a wiener dog loofah....








Tagged (if you wanna):

Diane --- MIA
Dragon Lady --- off to Mom's
Scootertrash Conservative my honey --- Maybe in January
Jedi Master Rob --- Maybe after the New Year
Tonto or the Lone Ranger --- Tonto is a toss up... Kimosabe, when pigs fly...
Laura --- has not been doing that much blogging... I'm guessing she has been baking or walking Main Street at Disneyland
Peakah --- Josh has about 32 kids, so I doubt it...
RennyBa --- I would love to see what is going on in Norway... wouldn't you?
That 1 Guy --- Joe is at the Pub, being merry and spreading good cheer...
Merri --- is most likely spending quality time with the hubby, Vinnie.......

Yah--- that's a list of more than 5, but I'm not telling anyone they have been tagged... they are on double-secret meme tagged..............something.. or other..................

Now for the rest of the ramble........

I really don't have anything else... so the fact that Jane sent me the meme was a relief...

I did a post last year on my favorite holiday cartoon... Linus sums up the meaning of Christmas by reading from scripture...

Charlie Brown: Isn't there anyone out there who can tell me what Christmas is all about?!?!

Linus: Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you. Lights, please. (A spotlight shines on Linus.) "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'"..... That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

To everyone... I wish you a blessed and peaceful Christmas.

"sketch" for Adoration of the Magi, Leonardo Da Vinci

courtesy of Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research


Links to Check Out This Week:


Visit NORAD --- they track Santa on Christmas Eve. As I prepare to post this, Santa is currently making his way through New Zealand!!!!!!!

Go here to listen to a lovely Christmas song by my favorite group Hem.

*******And finally... please go watch this Christmas message from Iraq of LTC Jim White. It important to remember we have men and women a million miles away keeping us safe... It is critical we raise them up in prayer now more than ever. *******


God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen


God rest ye merry, gentlemen
Let nothing you dismay
Remember, Christ, our Saviour
Was born on Christmas day
To save us all from Satan's power
When we were gone astray
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy

In Bethlehem, in Israel,
This blessed Babe was born
And laid within a manger
Upon this blessed morn
The which His Mother Mary
Did nothing take in scorn
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy

From God our Heavenly Father
A blessed Angel came;
And unto certain Shepherds
Brought tidings of the same:
How that in Bethlehem was born
The Son of God by Name.
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy

"Fear not then," said the Angel,
"Let nothing you affright,
This day is born a Saviour
Of a pure Virgin bright,
To free all those who trust in Him
From Satan's power and might."
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy

The shepherds at those tidings
Rejoiced much in mind,
And left their flocks a-feeding
In tempest, storm and wind:
And went to Bethlehem straightway
The Son of God to find.
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy

And when they came to Bethlehem
Where our dear Saviour lay,
They found Him in a manger,
Where oxen feed on hay;
His Mother Mary kneeling down,
Unto the Lord did pray.
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy

Now to the Lord sing praises,
All you within this place,
And with true love and brotherhood
Each other now embrace;
This holy tide of Christmas
All other doth deface.
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy


MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

4 comments:

seejanemom said...

You are such a sport! Thank you for your kind words. I liken a Meme to a cross between a chain letter and group sex. That was my first, last, and only Meme.I had to look it up to even know what it was...like I did the word "orgy" when I was twelve.

Thank you for remembering our troops. Who can forget them on a day like today, especially?

Good tidings of great joy to you as well, dear girl. And FEDEX promised me that the weiner dog loofah should be on your doorstep by 10am today. Let me know if its a no show.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoJANEoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

RennyBA said...

Thanks for your double-secret meme tagg! I'll see what I can do, but can't promise anything due to a busy Christmas schedule!

But, I will always have time to wish: From all of you, to all of me; Mary Christmas and a Happy New Year:-)

Laura said...

Merry Christmas! You're right, I've been baking...and generally running around trying to get ready for the big day. Hope to resume more regular blogging when things die down a couple days after Christmas. :) I'm about to leave for church...my youngest is a king in the pageant this evening.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful time...thank you for your greeting!! Best wishes and Merry Christmas, Laura

Anonymous said...

Send me an email Cathy! LOL I lost your addy or just can't find it and I want to ask you something ...