Sunday, June 03, 2007

Rain

Sunny - Hi 108 Lo 80 for Baghdad, Iraq
Thunderstorms - Hi 80 Lo 63 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: South Central Rain,
R.E.M.

Ramble:

We are desperate for rain... we need a good long steady rain... even the weeds are dying... One of my favorite things is to wake up to the sound of steady rain on the roof with the sound of rolling thunder off in the distance... It's particularly nice on a Sunday morning when we don't have to get up and rush off to work... you know what I'm talking about... when you don't have to psych yourself up by chanting Spongebob Squarepants mantra... "I'm ready" I'm ready! I'm ready!" It's nice to just lay in bed and breathe in and breathe out and listen... listen to the silence... listen to your house and it's familiar sounds...listen to the beat of your own heart... listen to the rain... Time can stop when it rains on a Sunday morning... There is nothing more soothing or comforting than the sound of rain... I hope it rains.............

Anyway, not much for writing today. Last weekend, Jedi Master Rob suggested I post a few of my photographs so now is as good a time as any.


Jedi Master Rob's back yard... this young boy is stunned because he is being pelted by grapes...

Crate and Barrel in Chicago Flowers for sale on a New York City street


Links:


My Italian friend, Carlo sent me a link to a wonderful video on You Tube--- I want to eat steak, watch a great western movie and keep thanking our wonderful servicemen!! Thanks Carlo! Make sure to stop the other video before playing this one.


I also had someone leave a link on an old post. It is a remembrance for Sgt. Steven Packer. He was killed on May 17. Go watch it now. Memorize this face of a fallen hero- listen to his voice, then watch this one and then say a prayer and thank God for men like him.


South Central Rain, REM


Did you never call? I waited for your call
These rivers of suggestion are driving me away
The trees will bend, the cities wash away
The city on the river there is a girl without a dream
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry

Eastern to Mountain, third party call, the lines are down
The wise man built his words upon the rocks
But I'm not bound to follow suit
The trees will bend, the conversation's dimmed
Go build yourself another home, this choice isn't mine
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry

Did you never call? I waited for your call
These rivers of suggestion are driving me away
The ocean sang, the conversation's dimmed
Go build yourself another dream, this choice isn't mine
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

J.M. Rob said...

Ugh! You said it! How I wish it would rain! Nice and steady.. for an entire day at the very least.

This Sunday mornings deer breakfast consisted of tomatoes, left-over silver dollar pancakes, and slightly stale angel food cake.