Saturday, August 30, 2008

Scooter Trash Sarah Palin

Sunday Post - Early Edition



Sunny - Hi 115 Lo 90 for Baghdad, Iraq
Sunny - Hi 100 Lo 71 for Qandahar, Afghanistan
Sunny - Hi 89Lo 66 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: Sara Smile, Hall & Oates

I love this song. I have wanted to have it as a Sunday Song for as long as I have been doing this blog, but could never work it in. So, thank you Sarah Palin- One more reason for me to like you.

Ramble:
So, Friday just up the highway, Senator McCain announced his running mate.. Sarah Who? You know the chick from Alaska... ok so everyone is buzzing... like so many... I figured it was going to be Mitt... and I was going to be happy with that... since the Senator was in Dayton... possibly Rob Portman... but this... freaking brilliant! First and foremost.. how cute is she? Yes... as my friend and co-worker up in NY said, "MY GIRL!" There are so many photos out there on the internet of Sarah Palin fishing, and hunting... John McCain was so giddy... oh my goodness...his timing - perfect. The GOP is energized and this is nice...

So we know she is pro life, against same sex marriage, an avid hunter and a strong proponent of the 2nd Amendment, she is a card carrying lifetime member of the NRA and she is pro military. It appears she does not like government waste and is not intimidated by anyone and has stood up for ethics reform. NO idea what her stance is on foreign policy or the Iraq War- but I'm sure in the coming days we will know.


The thought of voting for Senator McCain has caused me a great deal of anxiety. Up until this time I felt that I had no other option because Senator Obama is NOT an option. So thank you Senator McCain. Thank you.

The pic of Sarah is for my Scooter Trash Hubby-- I couldn't find one of her on a sport bike...

P.S. Man--- I would hate to be an angry female Hillary supporter today.... oh the dichotomy... she is a hot woman who apparently has it all... and yet... she is a conservative...

P.S.S -- I was watching an older episode of Antiques Roadshow and a former attorney of the 1976 Jimmy Carter Presidential Campaign was having a doument appraised. The letterhead was a photo of Carter and Mondale and the slogan.... "Leaders for Change" ... I'm cracking up.... The Libs really need to come up with some new material.

update: My granny just called-- "So what do you think of her?" I replied, "I like her." Granny: "ME TOO!" My grandmother- my first lessons about patriotism and love of country and paying attention to Washington D.C. came from her... She has not been enthusiastic about anyone in years. It was nice to hear her all fired up about politics...

update 8/31: Last evening I was with my mom-- another impressive woman I profoundly respect-- "I will now send money to RNC. This is a good thing. McCain did a good thing."

My mom is right. Michael and I have thrown away every piece of literature from the RNC- asking for our support---some I have sent back with nasty messages...like... "You have my vote, but not one thin dime until the Republican party hears the voices of We the People! OK... so it's time- it's time to lay down some money on this race--

Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

J.M. Rob said...

Looks like we got ourselves a race now! I cannot describe how happy this has made me!

THANK YOU JOHN MCCAIN!

Cathy said...

Rob,

Are you on the mailing list for the Kentucky RNC?

J.M. Rob said...

I am now!

Peakah said...

I have a total crush on Palin... My wife likes her too with the exception of how damn cute she is. Heheh...

...I just may go vote now when I was pretty much resigned to sit this one out.

J.M. Rob said...

Crush? Me too! HUGE. I was alwasys going to vote but now I'm considering a tattoo. .