Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Call to Duty -- at least to work....

Sunny - Hi 80 Lo 54 for Baghdad, Iraq
Flurries - Hi 38 Lo 25 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: The Star Spangled Banner, sung by
Whitney Houston (pre crack is whack days)

There are times when the spirit of our country is captured and bottled for the world to see. Superbowl 25 was one of the moments. Whitney's voice brought me to tears then... and 16 years later, the emotion, I feel is no different... the pride I felt for our men fighting in the Persian Gulf, the spirit of a unified country... We need that back now... more than ever.

Ramble:

I'm sorry, but no Sunday Morning Coffee post on this chilly morning. I have to run in to work and sort through some heavy duty government contracts. Let's just say that I'm doing my duty... There are certain key things that are needed by our great fighting men and women and I'm here to see that the company I work for does our part.

If I have time later today- I may try and get something else posted.

Blogs and Links to Check Out This Week:

I have added some blogs to my blogroll... and there is a meme below you can play.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful rendition of our national anthem. I really miss the singers that do it justice. So many of them butcher it in the name of "art."