Sunday, March 18, 2007

Heroes and Eagles

Sunny - Hi 68 Lo 45 for Baghdad, Iraq
Sunny - Hi 46 Lo 31 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: Resolve,
Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters My Space

Listen to their music, not their politics.

Ramble:

I am riveted by NBC's television series, Heroes. For those of you that believe this show to be a rip off of X-Men... I would say that some of the powers the characters in Heroes have been given are from X-Men, but that is where the similarities end. The characters in Heroes come from all walks of life and they are faced with the daily struggles all us mere mortals must face... from money issues to marital woes to to teenage angst to parenting issues- they are flawed...

Stan Lee, the man behind X-Men, Fantastic 4, Spider-man, The Incredible Hulk and others has stated that super-heroes have the ability to do great things with super human powers, but like all humans, super-heroes are flawed in some way. These characters must overcome their flaws and decide what to do... use their power for good or for evil. And that is what makes this show so enjoyable to watch. This is a group of individuals (with a list that continues to grow) that find themselves with super powers. As each character learns about their ability, they struggle with themselves and what to do with that power- With power comes great responsibility.

If you are not a sci-fi fan, I doubt this post will convince you, but I find the show to be exhilarating and yes... an escape... a place where I can go and get lost in their universe. I hope you give it a shot. Heroes will resume with new episodes on Monday, April 23. You can catch previous episodes on the Sci Fi Channel on Fridays at 7 o'clock in the evening. Or you can catch all the episodes on line.

Heroes are part of our American fabric. Heroes make us believe we are capable of doing anything we set our minds to accomplish. A man doesn't wake up in the morning and decide... "I'm going to be a hero." No, the guy wakes up in the morning and lives his life... making decisions and trying to do the right thing. And when in the sight of danger, despite what can be lost... he still does the right thing... that is what makes him a hero. We have monuments all over this great nation recognizing our heroes- from our neighborhood police and firemen to war heroes like Audie Murphy. Most recently, the man that comes to mind is Wesley Autry--- the guy that jumped down in the subway to save another man while onlookers and his two little girls stood there and watched. I can't imagine what was going through his mind... Mr. Autry did the right thing. Despite danger to himself, he would not allow someone to get hurt while he was "on watch". That message will be one that his daughters will always remember... and they will be better for it- always do the right thing.

Heroes can't do it by themselves... they need our support. They need to know that we stand behind them when they do the right thing. This weekend there were protesters in our nations capital.... they were there to do the usual talking points... "Bush lied, people died... Haliburton Haliburton... 9/11 was an inside job... blah blah blah... !" A.N.S.W.E.R. and the others continue to try and divide this nation and demoralize our military.

In response to this protest... Americans on the other side came together to meet and protect our memorials in a Gathering of Eagles--- To stand silent guard over our nation's memorials, in honor of our fallen, and in solidarity with our armed forces in harm's way today.

Go visit Gunn Nutt, Michelle Malkin, and Mark Levin Fan to see some inspiring photos. Patriot Guard Riders were there. It is estimated that 30,000 folks showed up to show support compared to the 10,000 that fell on the other side...

Everyone that went to stand and protect --Thank You! More importantly, thank you for showing our troops in harms way that we do care about them... that we support them and their mission...

One of my favorite places to visit when I need to be inspired is GCS Distributing. If you only click on one of my links from today's post, I ask that it be this one. Please take 4 minutes to be inspired and to remember that we have men and women in harms way protecting us. The folks there have put together some of the most heartfelt passionate tributes I have ever seen. So, please visit GCS Distributing's Tribute - Honor, Sacrifice, Duty. Please bookmark GCS... and visit them and become a patron if you can.

The most dangerous time for our service men and women is when their minds are distracted from the task at hand by concerns at home or a lack of support from those of us whom they protect.

We can help them keep their focus through our show of support and by assisting the families they leave behind.
Housekeeping:

The reason that my post is late is because I did not click "save"... and then naturally as I was finishing up this post.... I had a server "issue". The resurrection of this post isn't the best, but I'm ticked and this is the best I have to offer on this spectacularly beautiful morning.

Resolve by Foo Fighters

Something that I felt today, something that I heard
Swingin' from the chandeliers, hanging on your word
I remember watchin' you, once upon a time
Dancing from across the room, in another life

A little bit of resolve is what I need now
Pin me down, show me how
A little bit of resolve is what I need now
Pin me down, show me how

Lookin' back to find my way, never seemed so hard
Yesterday's been laid to rest, change another guard
I would never change a thing, even if I could
All the songs we used to sing, everything was good

A little bit of resolve is what I need now
Pin me down, show me how
A little bit of resolve is what I need now
Pin me down, show me how

One more year that you're not here has gone and passed you by
What happened to you, what happened to you?
One more tear that you won't hear has gone and passed you by
What happened to you, what happened to you?

A little bit of resolve is what I need now
Pin me down, show me how
A little bit of resolve is what I need now
Pin me down, show me how

A little bit of resolve
One more year that you're not here
Has gone and passed you by (A little bit of resolve)
A little bit of resolve
One more year that you're not here
Has gone and passed you by (A little bit of resolve)


Have a great week everyone!


Digg!

No comments: