Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Needed Get Away, Part 3

It was a beautiful day and the weather was terrific. After we explored the hotel the blue skies and green grass and trees drew us outdoors to explore the campus of Case Western Reserve University.

I wanted to explore the Cleveland Botanical Gardens, but unfortunately we did not have time to go- a reason to go back and visit.


We walked down and found a street filled with historic homes.However, the most intriguing building that caught my eye was...


the Peter B. Lewis Building. This was designed by architect Frank Gehry. Among some of his more famous structures--- the Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles, California and the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain I'm a novice when it comes to architecture. I don't know much about it, but I know what I like and what I don't like. I was absolutely struck by this buiding. It is surrounded by old structures and the Lewis Building complimented everything on the surrounding streets. I can assure you that I will do some reading and learn more about this architect.

No comments: