Sunday, October 09, 2005

You Know... I'm "eh".............

Sunny Hi 99 Lo 74 for Baghdad, Iraq
Mostly Cloudy Hi 66 Lo 53 for Northern Kentucky, USA

Happy Birthday, Cory!! (Wednesday)

Song of the week: This One's for the Girls, Martina McBride

I have absolutely nothing to blog about...well, I do... but I'm not in the mood... For instance, I could write about Harriet Miers. Conservatives are walking two separate paths right now... many feel betrayed others are standing by their man. I've read countless blogs and they run the gamut-most criticizing the president for his selection, others stating they are leaving the Republican party... Many are upset with President Bush because he did not select someone that we KNOW to be conservative. Others believe we need to trust President Bush. I'm in the latter category along with a few others... Hugh Hewitt and Thomas Sowell, a man I have a tremendous deal of respect for. So, like my Therapist,
I too am "passively" supporting the President. By no means, would Miss Miers have been my choice, but I'm not the President. George W. Bush has surrounded himself with some of my favorite people, Vice President Dick Cheney, Secretary Condoleeza Rice, Secretary Don Rumsfield, John Bolton... The very fact that these folks cause liberals to break out into hives and organize peace rallies makes me very happy. President Bush has had an intense presidency...He vowed that he would fight terrorism and he has kept his promise (Is he as aggressive in the fight as I would like? No...) He hasn't done anything about illegal aliens...well, we knew that when we voted for him... twice... Do I agree with everything he has done? No. Good Lord, he spends money quicker than I do! Regardless, President Bush has my support and I trust him. He is the right man in the right job right now. So, despite the accusations from the left, President Bush has never lied, so when he says, "[...]Harriet Miers will be the type of judge I said I would nominate: a good conservative judge. [...]" I believe him.

President's Radio Address, 10/08/05 Transcript and Audio

Picture of my therapist, Ron stolen from The Therapist .

So, what's with the title, Cath? Well, it's my mood.... I'm not in a great mood, I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just... "EH"... So, knowing that I don't have anything in particular that I want to ramble about, I thought I'd take this opportunity to follow up on a few things.



  1. A few weeks ago, I added the guest map to my sidebar... to date, it's just been me and Robinik.... Grazie, Robinik! Talk about hurt feelings... be a sport... please sign my guest map...
  2. How do you like the 3 columns? I am HTML illiterate... I'm still not sure how I did it... I'm just glad its working... and I didn't blow anything up. Also, as a little fyi...I have added some links to my blogroll (something I've been meaning to do)...
  3. I have to take a moment to thank the lovely and talented Wonder Woman at A North American Patriot. She singlehandedly increases my blog traffic... At least I know my ramblings amuse her... She sends folks my way every Sunday to read them as you can see here, here, here, here, and here. When I get to 10,000 hits on my blog, then can I borrow your tiara and truth lasso? Pleassseeee?
  4. A hearty hello to all my Italian friends at the Italo American Flag League... True patriots and lovers of freedom all... I love that Italian accent too... very sexy...
  5. Some of you may remember that I made a retraction and was working to get my money back from the HSUS... Well, I'm still working on it... Patience is a virtue... right? Once I get our money back, I'll provide a full report. The lesson here is... research your charity prior to making a donation.
  6. I have added a few more names to my military tribute list, located on the left sidebar. If you would like to add a name to my list, nothing would make me prouder. I'd like to take a moment to welcome Corporal Mitchell Neil Price home. He just finished his second tour of duty in Iraq. It is an honor to know this young man.
  7. Lastly, because I'm in an "eh" kind of mood... and I really don't like it when I feel like this... nothing knocks the "eh" out more than a good Chick Flick--- As all 4 of you that read this will recall, I reviewed my I'm Really Not a 15 Year Old Boy list back in August. My Chick Flick list is ...yes... geared toward the chick.. (namely me since it's my list), but I think some of the boys will like some of these movies also...

So.... in no particular order... here is my list of Chick Flicks...

Steel Magnolias: I love the relationships between the women in this movie. I love their strength. I love the laughing through tears... Casablanca: I must have been 10 the first time I saw this movie... The Joy Luck Club: When I try to explain my relationship with my mother, often I will reference this movie.
Notting Hill: This is such a charming movie. Julia Roberts character is such a pain in the a$$ (I think most women can identify...bad choices in men). In the end, she picks the good guy... the nice guy... the guy that treats her with respect...the man that puts her on a pedestal...
The Wedding Singer: This movie is so cute. The music of course reflects my youth... Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore have great chemistry on the screen and they are fun to watch.
Serendipity: I have had a crush on John Cusack ever since 16 Candles. I have seen, I think almost everything he has done... This is such a feel good movie... Serendipity... what a wonderful word...
It Happened One Night: Claudette Colbert... I love her in everything I that I have ever seen her in. (Since You Went Away is one of my all time favorite movies... you will see that on another list). Clark Gable... I just love him. He was handsome and he behaved like a man.
When Harry Met Sally: This was when Meg Ryan was still sweet. Was I the only one that thought.... wow...Billy Crystal.. he is cute...
An Affair to Remember: Cary Grant... Why wasn't she at the top of the Empire State Building? Love Actually: I hesitated in putting this in my top 10 Chick Flicks... but the reason I include it is for the first 10 minutes of the movie. The film makers set up hidden cameras at Heathrow International Airport at locations where people were arriving. Have you ever been to the airport to just watch people? If you are ever down in the dumps.. I highly recommend going to the airport and watching the arrivals...

There are others... Sleepless in Seattle, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Philadelphia Story, On Golden Pond, The King and I (I have always had a thing for Yul Brynner), anything with Gene Kelly or Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart... The crushes I had on these four men... these movies will show up on other lists...

I wish I could put The Way We Were on this list... but I just can't do it...not anymore...the reason, you ask? One word... Barbra....

Movie poster images courtesy of IMDB.

TV trivia... In what television series was this establishment mentioned? Click on the photo to enlarge.



The song... well that is dedicated to my beautiful and bright nieces...Aimee, Kamae, and Kaeli...

So that's it. Have a great week everyone!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to add my name to the Guestmap, but the link isn't working!
Of course you can borrow my lasso and tiara, when you hit 10,000 - just don't hurt yourself (or your husband!) I'd do anything for a gal who loves Jimmy Stewart and Italian accents.
Cheers Cathy.

Anonymous said...

BTW...The 3 columns looks great!

Cathy said...

Why thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Cathy,
I hope that you and Mike are well, in these days in Italy we work so much for the political elections, but I do not forget my Americans friends, every time that it is possible I come to read yours blog.

Your friend

Roberto

Cathy said...

Ah! Roberto! We are doing well. I am following the elections and learning a great deal from you and other Italian bloggers about your elections.

Mike said...

I'm going to have to disagree with Casablanca being a chick flick. I loved Notting Hill and the Wedding Singer and almost anything with John Cusack.
Your blog looks perfect, as is the norm with anything you do. The subject matter? It is as promised, something to muse over Sunday morning coffee, sometimes serious, sometimes rambling, always engaging and always worth reading.

Mike