Sunday, February 19, 2006

Home

Partly Sunny - Hi 62 Lo 44 for Baghdad, Iraq
Sunny - Hi 31 Lo 22 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: This Must be the Place (Naive Melody),
Talking Heads

I'm sure I've written this before, but the best concert I ever attended was The Talking Heads, Stop Making Sense Tour. It was at Miami University's Millett Hall (Oxford, Ohio). As you can see to the left, I'm a pack rat and I still have my ticket stub and yes the concert cost a whopping $10.00 and yes we had really good seats too! David Byrne and company could actually carry a tune - live. It was a concert that filled the senses and one that I didn't want to end... it was completely theatrical, besides, I loved them. As I recall, the concert started with David Byrne alone on stage singing Psycho Killer. With each song, the road crew continued to add props and instruments to the stage and one by one a different member of the band came out on stage to perforn until this crescendo of sight and sound had everyone in the hall standing and singing and dancing. It was pure entertainment... no political blah blah blah... It was truly a great night and one that I don't expect to ever forget.

I was 18 at the time. I went with Jimi, Monkey, Bubba and Sophia. We had a blast. I remember looking at my friends and thinking and believing I would be with these people for the rest of my life... Funny, how things change. So, I am left with the fond memories and of course with The Talking Heads...

So, today as I was looking for a song for this Sunday's post, I came across Naive Melody. I've always liked the song... It is optimistic with a tinge of cynicism... right up my alley... And as I listened to the words for the one millionth time... I looked around my home and I thought of my husband and realized how fortunate I am. Michael is my home. Without him, I'd be lost and homeless. Funny, how the meaning of a song can change as we get older...

Blogs to Check Out This Week:

I would be remiss to not mention that most of the blogs I have "discovered" came from perusing other blog rolls of some of my favorite reads... among them are Diane's Stuff, Laura's Miscellaneous Musings and Spiced Sass. So, thank you ladies!

Musings from the Imperial Senate - A military dude that "once was a staunch Republican, but now a Libertarian" oh and just a hunch, but I believe he likes Star Wars.

Clear Lake Reflections - What a wonderful blog! Fun-- Mark offers up "warm fuzzies" photos and posts like this one. I like this guy!

Kool Aid Report - I like Kool Aid and according to my liberal friends, I drink a lot of it... so, when I found this blog... how could I resist a big gulp?

The Texican Tattler - I'm not sure why, but I have noticed I have a growing attraction to everything Texan. Is it true that everything is bigger in Texas?

Semicolon - A great place to go and get reviews on books and an interesting perspective on life. A mom of 8!!! Yes 8!!! - not to mention, another Texan!

Artcyclopedia - A wonderful resource to locate art museums and to study art movements and masterpieces.

Housekeeping:

After careful consideration, I've decided to maintain my weekly music video. It's my signature and to remove it would be taking away my inspiration- if you will. It was suggested that I take the video off for a few days so that anyone with a slower computer might have a better chance of reading my blog. OK- great suggestion! So, what I will do for now is pull the video off on Mondays and Tuesdays. That way all 16 of you that visit me then will have a quicker time of it.... Again, let me know if this helps the speed...


Home is where I want to be
Pick me up and turn me round
I feel numb - born with a weak heart
So I guess I must be having fun
The less we say about it the better
Make it up as we go along
Feet on the ground
Head in the sky
It's ok I know nothing's wrong . . nothing

I got plenty of time
You got light in your eyes
And you're standing here beside me
I love the passing of time
Never for money
Always for love
Cover up say goodnight . . . say goodnight

Home - is where I want to be
But I guess I'm already there
I come home she lifted up her wings
Guess that this must be the place
I can't tell one from another
Did I find you, or you find me?
There was a time Before we were born
If someone asks, this where I'll be . . . where I'll be

We drift in and out
Sing into my mouth
Out of all those kinds of people
You got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
Share the same space for a minute or two
And you love me till my heart stops
Love me till I'm dead
Eyes that light up, eyes look through you
Cover up the blank spots
Hit me on the head Ah ooh...


By the way, if you don't have it in your music collection I highly recommend getting it...

OH-- and to Vice President Cheney- I still love you!

Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

J.M. Rob said...

Yea, leave the music videos where they are - your stuff is worth the wait. I'm sure I have the slowest connection of any of the regulars and I don't mind.

Laura said...

So glad I could point you toward Semicolon! She has a couple really interesting posts up right now about Louis L'Amour's memoir. Made me want to read it.

Thanks for the kind mention! Best wishes, Laura

Cathy said...

Diane: Thanks for the link to Mark's blog... good stuff all of it. Oh... and the meme... yeah... thanks for that too.... ;-)

Rob: Thanks for the thumbs up - I know how important music is to you so that means a lot to me.

Andy: Wow- thanks for stopping by... Had I know you'd be dropping by I would have tidied up a bit. I truly love your photo blog. Yours is a place I visit to relax and appreciate beauty.

Laura: Your blog is a gold mine of information and quick information so thanks to you.

Everyone: thanks for the input on the setup of my blog... now to find time to try and correct the problems...

Paul is a Hermit said...

That's a thing about music, it can stay with us through life while people cannot always.
That's the best post about Mr. Cheney, one of my heroes, that I've seen. I like people who can speak forthrightly and that was a great job!

Cathy said...

Thank you Paul! and thanks for stopping by!