Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Hillbilly Moment

I had a hillbilly moment today that I had to share...

I was working, minding my own business when I overheard a conversation about a co-worker that left unexpectedly- never to return. I'm not into work gossip and typically the last person to know about folks when they leave... I just don't care... Let me do my work and get the heck outta there... ya know?

Anyway--- the conversation was between a Human Resource person and a manager... why the door wasn't closed... beyond me.. Anyway... the co-worker left the job and fled the country for something very serious (not murder, but it was bad and as a card carrying conservative it really ticked me off)...

If a local news reporter had put a microphone under my nose, it would have gone something like this:

Reporter: [standing with a serious, concerned look] So, what do you know about this person?

Cathy: Well, I gotta tell ya, I was shocked! I mean, he was a nice guy, he kept to himself and seemed to get along with everone. He didn't talk much, but he'd always say, "Hey, how ya doin'?" when you passt him in the hall. I'm just shocked that this happened. I mean, he always seemed friendly and I wouldv'e never guessed he woulda done somethin' like that. Wow. I'm shocked. I cain't believe he done this.

Reporter: [still concerned] Do you know anything about his family?

Cathy: I'm shocked. No, I mean, I don't know nothin' about his home life, but I heard it was all of 'em... wow. I'm shocked.



The end.

2 comments:

J.M. Rob said...

Shoooot! All of 'em? Even the youngons?

Cathy said...

yep.... uh huh....